Our strategy for the next decade is to ensure the best care of children, innovate, and unite more partners so that no child grows up alone.
Almost 8 years of experience supporting children without parental care, and those at risk of losing it, have given us a deep understanding of how to care for children who need someone and how to help prevent the breakdown of parental care. We do this through innovative and effective partnerships with donors, communities, governments and other organisations.Our Strategy 2030 helps us respond to the changing needs in the communities where we work, putting the most disadvantaged children at the centre of all our actions. Our strategy directly relates and contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals in key areas such as poverty, inequality, education, health, social and child protection, and decent work.
- Many more children succeed in life.
- We lead the world’s largest child care movement.
Our strategic initiatives
- Innovate alternative child care: Ensuring our own alternative care programmes are integrated into the community.
- Strengthen families: Increasing our efforts to prevent the loss of care.
- Empower young people: Improving their care and employability.
- Advocate for children: Increasing our advocacy impact and giving a stronger voice to children.
- Water Hygiene & Sanitation: Ensuring children and community members have a voice and choice in the decisions that affect their lives and that enable them to act as agents of change.
- Create a movement : Sharing our experience and knowledge with partners.
- Simplify SCOEN: Continuing efforts to improve our own efficiency.
- Invest for funding growth: Raising more money to allow us to carry out our vital mission.