The Outreach Volunteer at SCOEN UGANDA will set up and attend events promoting the after School Menstrual Hygiene Program.
- Plans, sets up, and attends school events where learners and parents are likely to attend, such as after school recruiting events, Parents Association meetings, school athletic events in promoting Menstrual Hygiene .
- Conducts outreach meetings with groups of parents, teachers, school committees and learners requesting information about the School Menstrual Hygiene Program..
- Distributes brochures and informational packets through a wide variety of venues.
- Conducts research on appropriate places to recruit youth and other volunteers.
- May work with a team of Outreach Volunteers. Collaborates with the team to develop a shared work-plan.
- Works with Program and Communications staff to develop new materials as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
Benefits and recognition
This position provides valuable experience for Environmental Studies, Non-Profit Management, Fundraising and/or Event Management; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for helping the most disadvantaged community this project an amazing experience. Volunteers are highly valued members of the SCOEN team and contribute to making a significant difference in SCOEN ability to help our community and future generations. SCOEN will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.