Share Child Opportunity Eastern and Northern Uganda (SCOEN) is a female-led organization formed in 2010 by women’s rights and child welfare workers, activists, and professionals who were particularly concerned about the mistreatment of children and women as a result of the northeastern Uganda LRA conflict.
The organization works in Soroti Distrct. The mission of the organization is to attain gender equality in local communities through promoting the social, political, educational, and economic participation of women and children in community development programs.
The organization approaches the problem of child marriage utilizing a multi-dimensional approach – addressing education, gender based violence, social norms, and providing income generation opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Office Administrator, the Receptionist will be responsible for supporting various administrative projects and day-to-day duties for the organization. Such responsibilities include greeting visitors, answering all incoming calls and refer calls to appropriate staff members, maintaining inventory of office supplies, sorting mail, preparing shipping labels. The Receptionist must demonstrate a commitment to serving SCOEN’s clients and to upholding the SCOEN mission. Ensure cleanliness of office areas for staff, visitors and clients.
This position is ideal for an individual with strong organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
1. Fax and photo copy documents
2. Greet Visitors
3. Answering phones/door
4. Sort and disseminate mail
5. Prepare outgoing packages
6. Ordering and disseminating office supplies
7. Office organization/meeting planning (for internal meetings)
8. Prepare information packets
9. Special Projects (As assigned by the Office Administrator)
- Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience with handling phone calls, email correspondence. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of working with multicultural communities and women’s rights issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
- Must be a resident of Soroti Town
- Fluent in Ateso Language and Kumam
Submit your application by 2:00pm Tuesday 11th June 2019